10/15/11

Baked eggs


Baked eggs are one of my favorite things to have for breakfast. Conveniently, they are super easy to make. 




First you line the ramekins with bacon. I like to cook my bacon slightly before putting them in so i know they're cooked. You can also use muffin tins, I'm just obsessed with my le creuset ramekins. I would even eat salad in them... if I ate salad.


Then you crack an egg into the ramekin, add about two tbsp of cream, sprinkle with oregano, pepper, salt and cover with cheese of your choice. I prefer strong cheddar.


Then bake in the oven for 10-15 mins, or until your cream is bubbling and the stuff inside still jiggles.  (Those are hashbrowns in the back if you were wondering)

 See, the cheese should be melted, cream bubbling and still jiggly. If only the cream is jiggly, you've cooked it for too long and now the yolk is cooked, try again. haha just kidding, I'm sure it will still be delicious. I just like my yolk soft.


Serve with some toast lathered in butter (or not, but I can't imagine why not), and maybe some fruit so your heart doesn't stop after this meal.


Then eat! Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Im definitely trying this !
    I love your blog Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment.