10/22/11

French toast


 I decided to make some french toast this morning. I don't like having very sweet things in the morning so this is a recipe for slightly sweet french toast so you can skip the syrup at the end. Instead of milk, I use vanilla yogurt (idea I stole from my boyfriend), then instead of regular bread I use raisin bread and add some brown sugar to the butter to make my french toast just slightly sweet without giving me a sugar coma first thing in the morning.

You will need

1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
4- 6 slices of bread
2 tsp brown sugar
2 table spoons butter



Beat 2 eggs in a shallow bowl, then add the yogurt and cinnamon. Mix until you get a nice thick consistency. (Can we just take a moment to observe how hideous my counter top is... )


Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan and add 1 tsp of brown sugar to the butter


Lightly coat a slice of bread in the yogurt+egg mixture and quickly put it on the frying pan.



 Brown each side. Approximately 3 minutes for each side
.

 Then repeat for the remaining slices of bread.


Serve with some fruit, yogurt and granola. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment.