Baked macaroni and cheese
You will need
2 cups macaroni
11/2 cup cooking cream
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
2 1/2 cups strong cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup parmesan
3 jalapeno peppers (less if it's super spicy)
6 strips bacon
1 medium size onion
4 cloves garlic
1 cup bread crumbs
1. Bring salted water to boil in a large pot and cook macaroni until al dente
2. While the macaroni is cooking, dice the onion, mince the garlic and cook the bacon
3. Use some of the bacon fat to cook the garlic and onions
4. Chop up jalapeno peppers and bacon into small bits
5. In a small pot, melt the butter, whisk in flour and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth
6. Add the cream, 2 cups cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan, jalapeno peppers and bacon and mix until the cheddar cheese is melted
7. Drain the macaroni once cooked. In large pot add the cheese mixture, onions, garlic and 1 beaten egg to the macaroni and mix well.
8. Place the mac and cheese in a casserole dish, top with the remaining cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs. bake in the oven until the cheese is melted.
Enjoy! and maybe go for a run after, your heart will appreciate that.
Posted by allyssa