12/14/11

Piggy wiggies and Hollandaise

I got these super cute kitchen utensils from a gift exchange at a Christmas party. I decided this was the perfect excuse to spend an entire morning making eggs benedict.
look how cute they are!

One of the things I got was a silicone egg poacher. I have NO idea how to use these, I had to youtube it, and I still got unevenly cooked eggs that wouldn't come out of the container. So then I just poached them myself. To poach eggs in a pot, once the water is simmering, stir the water in a circular motion, then drop the egg into the middle of the pot. This will keep the egg from going everywhere. You can also add some vinegar to the water.



Tada!


For the left over hollandaise sauce, I roasted artichokes in the oven and used the hollandaise as a dip.
To roast artichokes

Cut off the top inch of the artichoke
Insert 2 cloves of garlic into the middle of the artichoke
Pour the juice of half a lemon over the artichoke
Drizzle with Olive Oil
Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 350 degrees farenheit for minimum 1 hr
Serve with your hollandaise, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment.