10/2/12

BEET SALAD




I never used to eat beets because I didn't know what they tasted like, they're funny looking and I didn't know what to do with them. That was until my sister made me this salad and my opinion of beets changed forever. Beets have a nice earthy flavor, and is very sweet unlike most of its vegetable friends. It also has the prettiest color which just makes any dish look fun and exciting. This is an easy recipe which I hope will change your opinion of beets too.

You will need (serves 1)
For the salad
- 2 beets
- handful of pea shoots
- 2 tbsp of goat cheese
you can also add some nuts, avocados or tomatoes

For the dressing
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
 or just a simple balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing will do

Cook the beets by boiling them in water, steaming or roasting them until they are soft.
Chop the beets into cubes
Chop the ends of the pea shoots and add on top of the beets
Crumble the goat cheese with a fork over the salad

For the Dressing
Mix all the ingredients together and pour over the salad. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment.