11/5/12

CAULIFLOWER SALAD



Whenever the weekend comes around, I eat whatever I want and however much I want. Unfortunately for my thighs, that usually comes in the form of deep fried batter, with beer. Don't get me wrong, I love eating healthy but sometimes, I just like eating something without any nutritional value. When that happens, I usually feel like garbage after. That's why I spend the week eating tasty salads. This is one of my favorite salads.

serves 2
Ingredients
1/4 head of cauliflower
1/2 large onion (red of white)
1/2 cup toasted nuts (almonds, pecans, or walnuts are my fave)
1 apple (I always get gala)
1/2 cup dried cranberries

optional
1/2 cooked quinoa (makes it more filling and adds protein)
1 cup cooked green beans 

Instructions
1. Chop up the cauliflower and apples into large cubes
2. Slice and caramelize the onions (to caramelize, cook on medium heat for a long time until the onions brown, if it starts to burn, add a little water and lower the heat.)
3. Add all the ingredients together
4. Serve with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment.