11/15/12

DIY STACKABLE RINGS

Thin rings are great because you can wear a ton without cluttering your hands too much. I may have gone a little overboard on this DIY project. I started with one and then they were so easy to make I just couldn't stop. 

You will need
- hardware wire
- Pliers and a wire cutter
- Lip balm 
- Soldering gun/ pen (optional)
- Solder (optional)

Intructions
1. Cut 2-3 inches of wire
2. Wrap the wire around the lipbalm
3. Cut the excess wire with a wire cutter
4. (Optional) Solder where the ends meet to avoid having rough edges

If you want to get a little more creative, try making the single knot or chevron rings.






2 comments:

  1. So creative! I just love what you've done above and you've explained it so well. Great photos to accompany. I found this to be a great resource too and thought I'd share it: http://www.brilliantearth.com/news/stackable-rings/ Not only do they offer a variety of stackable rings but they offer great stacking tips and some nifty ideas. Great company to check out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and simple idea!
    Thanks for sharing :-) Will soon be getting my own soldering gun, hehehe :-)

    Sincerely,
    Aysha @ www.thecreativemuslimah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment.